Take your career to new depths and put your skills to work in a one of a kind setting by becoming a part of the premiere aquarium showcasing the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. The Texas State Aquarium provides high quality, entertaining programming through education, conservation, and wildlife rehabilitation. We strive to provide our guests with an exciting, educational, and memorable experience.
- Conduct meetings with clients and potential clients regarding menus for events.
- Preparation of tastings for clients and potential clients.
- Preparation of food and beverages for special events including but not limited to main entrees, appetizers, and desserts.
- Supervise and train banquet servers.
- Assist in ordering products for special events, insuring limited waste.
- Set-up and display of food, beverages, and equipment for special events using creative presentation.
- Assist in development of new and creative menu items.
A one year certificate from college or technical school is required or three to six months of related experience and/or training. An equivalent combination ofeducation or experience may also meet the required qualifications.